Extends Durability and Yields Higher Reliability.
HPX Elastomer is designed to improve upon the properties of High Performance rubber by providing increased power output and reliability of power sections. Bonding strength and tear resistance at elevated temperatures were targeted for improvement. HPX yields higher reliability, even in severe environments.
Normalized Adhesive Strength
- HPX has three times the fluid resistance to water-based mud (WBM) at elevated temperatures
- HPX rubber has 40% better fluid resistance to oil-based mud (OBM) at elevated temperatures
Normalized Property Comparison
- HPX has 10% higher tensile strength
- HPX has 50% higher modulus (stiffness) than HP rubber
- Higher stiffness will enable the power section to produce higher torque and power output at elevated drilling parameters
- HPX has 30% higher tear resistance, which reduces chunking