Research & Development
The elastomer is the consumable component within the power section. Our laboratory is equipped with the latest equipment, devoted solely to elastomer research and development. We have developed proprietary nitrile based elastomers for a broad range of operating conditions. Data and analytics are used to improve our technology to continue studying the effects of drilling fluids and aggressive drilling conditions on our power sections. We also provide drilling fluid compatibility testing and advanced failure analysis services to customers.
Our broad portfolio of performance elastomers is designed to meet the challenges of drilling regardless of the drilling challenge. Among our HPT, HPW or HPO families of elastomers and the ability to engineer applications, Abaco Drilling Technologies can provide unique fit-for-purpose solutions that can deliver a step change in drilling performance.
- HPO | High Strength elastomer optimized for high torque and designed for increased reliability in high solids drilling applications
- HPW | High Wear elastomer designed to deliver increased durability in high performance drilling applications
- HPT | High Temperature elastomer for conventional applications requiring high power output and improved fluid resistance at elevated downhole temperatures
Functional Material Tester
Abaco Drilling Technologies provides drilling fluid compatibility testing and advanced failure analysis services that help our customers increase drilling efficiency. Our Functional Material Tester proves lab results in a controlled mechanical test with drilling fluids to enhance downhole performance.
- Operates at downhole temperatures.
- Uses drilling fluid in small volume
- Controls geometry and loading condition
- Estimates fatigue of real geometry and strain field
- Generates temperature gradients close to operating conditions
- Creates conditions to show bond failures